Lexus is targeting younger motorists with an Instagram-driven campaign that incorporates images from more than 200 users, #LexusInstaFilm. The combined effort produces a stop-motion film of the 2014 IS model from various angles and tones.
- Under the orchestration of a directorial team during Instagram’s #WorldwideInstameet, car enthusiasts and Intagram users from a variety of background blended their personalities in a film that colorfully animates the IS.
- Jacob Rosenberg and the Bandito Brothers directed the film that features the song “Hefe” by The Hit House.
- A 2014 Lexus IS F Sport weaved throughout the lot to permit a wide range of views and so the vehicle appeared in a natural setting.
- Marks were drawn on the grounds to instruct people on where to stand and at what angle to take shots of the vehicle.
- Participants could edit the shots however they wanted. The directorial team then printed out each still, clipped them to a huge board and sequenced them to create a coherent film.
Read more here.
Why I am Curious
An interesting way to tap into a proven-performing formula:
passion-driven experiences + mobile + empowerment = UCG & community building
Fostering community among fans is a good way for luxury brands to create loyalty, since the ensuing friendships will be tinged by the brand’s image.